Friday, January 4, 2008

Thanks, Indiana Divorce & Family Law Blog, For Scratching My Back

Thanks to Sam Hasler, one of this nation's best and most prolific family law bloggers, who blogs at Sam Hasler's Indiana Divorce & Family Law Blog, for listing my blog among 12 favorite legal blogs in his post: My Roundup of Law Blogs Part 1. His list of 12 is nearly identical to my own recent list of the 11 Best Family Law Bloggers in the US, with one major difference being that his blog is not on his own list and my blog is not on my own list. But you know what they say: If you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours!

My Roundup of Law Blogs Part 1:

"Originally, I titled this post 'My Best Family Law Blogs.' I decided I was just making things too hard on myself. Some blogs I like because of how they are written. Others, I like because how they deal with legal issues. So determining the criteria presented problems. So I decided to just skip the criteria.I got this idea from Pink Tape's Top 10 Law Blogs and a comment to Law bloggers respond to ABA Blawg 100 post.

I should say these are in no particular order:

Indiana Law Blog. The oldest Indiana legal blog run by Marcia Oddi. The best source for news on Indiana legal matters.

Florida Divorce Law Blog. A great source for interesting news on family law issues far beyond Florida.

California Divorce and Family Law: another good source for news from different sources.

Chicago Family Law Blog: I must admit to not reading this blog very often and I should.

Florida Divorce & Family Law Blog: is a fairly new one but I think this may turn into an interesting read.

Georgia Family Law Blog - an inspiration for me and I do not think I can give it any better an accolade. I got to admit that this blog makes me want to switch over to Typepad. A lot of information that is obvious in its presentation.

Judith's Divorce Blog - English but worth reading for Americans. I first wrote about this blog under the title of Reading about: divorce related blogs

Massachusetts Divorce & Family Law Blog: another new one and I like it. Maybe because he named this blog as one of the best but maybe more because he is another divorce litigator like me and has a some very sensible posts.

Updates in Michigan Family Law - very much what it says, a source for Michigan law but there are some posts that apply ouside of Michigan. I got the idea for highlighting Indiana's family cases from this blog.

New York Divorce Report - another I should pay a bit more attention to but I admit there is only so much time in the day. Again, one that has posts applying to more than New York.

The Pennsylvania Family Law Blog is a rarity amongst these blogs. The Fox Rotschild family law practice group rather than a solo or small firm attorney publishes this blog. Even then the articles have something to say to all sorts of clients, if they have a bit of lawerly stiffness.

Divorce Law Journal concentrates on Kentucky and on mediation issues. For any lawyers readoing this - remember to read the side columns for speaking engagements, etc."


For information about Massachusetts divorce and family law, see Law Offices of Steven Ballard.

No comments: